Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Introduction

The idea to set up Yayasan Ali Rahmah came out of necessity to unite the family under one umbrella. Yayasan (Malay for Foundation) was named after my grandparents of my mother's side, Mohamed Ali bin Mat Serah  (my grandfather) and Rahmah binti Mohd Isa (my grandmother), both of whom have touched my life in a special way.

I was fortunate to have live with them (albeit only a short few years with my grandfather) and understood how they were and the sacrifices they had done to bring up their 10 surviving kids. My mother (Halida) is number 5 of the lot and had brought me to live with her parents back in 1980.

The Yayasan is aimed at promoting unity and selfless contribution to fellow family members whilst identifying ways to improve welfare of its members. Although still at its infancy, the founding members of the Yayasan hopes to continue the family values through many collaborative efforts that will form a strong foundation for current and future family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment